B K Sparkes
- Name: Sparkes, Bernard Kenneth
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Sergeant (Air Gnr.)
- Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
- Unit Text: 625 Sqdn.
- Age: 23
- Date of Death: 20/02/1944
- Service No: 1320930
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: 16. C. 17.
- Memorial: Hanover War Cemetery Germany
Son of Arthur G Sparkes and Edith (nee Lambert), (who at one time lived at 'Chalet du Bois', The Grove, Biggin Hill,) born 1921 in Peterborough area; husband of Audrey Sparkes. Nephew of Robert Alfred Sparkes.
He was on Lancaster BIII JA862 which took off from RAF Kelstern at 23:33 for Leipzig raid, was shot down by night fighter & crashed at 02:43 6 Km north of Langenhagen Airfield, near Resse-Wiechendorf. Of the 7 crew, 5 died and two were taken POW, one of these (F/Sgt F T Price (Nav.)) was badly wounded when the POW column in which he was marching was attacked by typhoons. He died 11 days later. The only survivor was Pilot S/Ldr. B N Douetil. The other crew casualties were - Sgt. John Gill (Eng.), Sgt. William Henry McMillan (B/Aim.), P/O Basil Vincent Cude (W/Op.) and F/O F L Hale (Air Gnr.).