C S Veness
- Name: Veness, Charles Sidney
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Driver
- Regiment/Service: Army Service Corps
- Unit Text: 4th Cav. Reserve Park
- Age: 21
- Date of Death: 09/11/1918
- Service No: T4/160037
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: I. C. 15.
- Memorial: Vadencourt British Cemetery, Maissemy, France
Son of Mr Joseph John Veness and Mrs. Annie Veness (nee Cole) of Leaves Green, Keston, Hayes, Kent.
Charles was born in Cudham but his father, Joseph, was born in Newick, Sussex (1865) and married Annie in Bromley area (1891).
"Charles' father was gamekeeper to Lord Derby on the Holwood Estate, so Charles would have been very familiar with the woods and fields of the Parish (Keston). He lived with his parents in Milking Lane, just a few yards from The King's Arms, which made him a resident of Cudham.... All the deaths in the Great War were tragic but to die just 2 days before the end of hostilities must have seemed even more traumatic to his parents..."