D G Townsend
- Name: Townsend, Donald George
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Flight Sergeant (Nav.)
- Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force Volunteer Reserve
- Unit Text: 57 Sqdn.
- Date of Death: 22/06/1944
- Service No: 1321858
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: 14. C. 23.
- Memorial: Rheinberg War Cemetery Germany
Donny was the son of George and 'Victoria' Townsend of Swievelands, Biggin Hill, he also had a younger brother Peter. Age at death said to be 21 years.
Donald was one of the crew of 7 who took off from RAF East Kirby at 23:00 on 21st June 1944, in a Lancaster III serial JB526 code DX-D, on Ops to Wesseling. They were intercepted by a night fighter and crashed 1 Km NW of the small town of Koslar. Pilot Officer S WEIGHTMAN was the only survivor and was taken Prisoner of War. The crew members who died were Flight Sergeant (Nav.) Donald George TOWNSEND, Sergeant (Flt.Eng.) Albert James OSBORN, Flight Officer (Air Bomber) Chester SZYMANSKI RCAF, Flight Sergeant Harold Lawrence BARRON RAAF, Sergeant (Air Gunner) William Ronald PARKINSON and Sergeant (Air Bomber) Henry William John YARDLEY.