- Name: Wolf, Eric Edward
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Trooper
- Regiment/Service: Royal Armoured Corps
- Unit Text: 2nd Lothians and Border Horse
- Age: 20
- Date of Death: 07/01/1943
- Service No: 7959657
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: Face 5.
- Memorial:Medjez-El-Bab Memorial Tunisia
"On 29th January 1943 they were informed that he was missing but it was not until 11th August that the War Office confirmed that he must be counted as dead.
He had been on board the troopship SS Benalbanach in the KM56 convoy on its way to North Africa for the "Torch" landings. At 18:05 hours they were attacked and torpedoed by two German aircraft to the east of Algiers. The torpedoes struck the ship in No.3 and No.5 holds, a violent explosion occured and the ship sank in less than two minutes. A total of 57 crew members and 340 troops were lost."
Son of Albert Edward Wolf and Mary Ann (nee Crittell born Cudham) of 14, Westerham Road, (now Leave Green Road) Keston, Kent.