L G Mantle
- Name: Mantle, Leonard George
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Private
- Regiment/Service: Durham Light Infantry
- Unit Text: 16th Bn.
- Age: 20
- Date of Death: 23/09/1943
- Service No: 4470325
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: II. B. 33.
- Memorial: Salerno War Cemetery Italy
"Leonard had worked for Orpington Urban District Council and was an active member of Keston Home Guard. ("C" Company, 52nd Battalion) His involvement with the Home Guard ended with his call up in April 1942. In December of the same year he went overseas, as part of the Central Mediterranean Force.
It was near Salerno that the British and American forces landed in Italy on 8th-9th September 1943 and there was fierce fighting in the bridgehead that formed."
Eldest son of George Henry Mantle and Gertrude Mary Mantle (nee Bishop) of 'Clovelly', 77 Westerham Road,(now Leaves Green Road), Keston, Kent.