- Name: Boaz, Harold
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Warrant Officer Class I (R.S.M.)
- Regiment/Service: Royal Artillery
- Secondary Regiment: East African Artillery
- Secondary Unit Text: attd. 301 Field Regt.
- Age: 29
- Date of Death: 12/02/1944
- Service No: 794758
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: Column 1.
- Memorial: East Africa Memorial Kenya
Son of William and Elizabeth Boaz of Nantwich; husband of Agnes Meneely (Nancy) Boaz of Biggin Hill, Kent and father of Anne.
He was aboard the troopship SS Khedive Ismail, in the Indian Ocean, when it was torpedoed and sunk with the loss of 1297 lives, by the Japanese submarine I-27. SS Khedive Ismail was part of convoy KR8 from Mombasa, Kenya to Colombo, Ceylon
The story of this tragedy can be found, in brief on the web, or in detail in the book Passage to Destiny by Brian James Crabb.