H T Gibbs (MM)
- Name: Gibbs, Harold Theakston
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Flight Sergeant
- Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force
- Date of Death: 30/04/1942
- Service No: 560149
- Awards: M M
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: Prot. Sec. (Men's). Plot F. Coll. grave 101.
- Memorial: Malta (capuccini) Naval Cemetery Malta
"The King has graciously pleased to approve the following award in recognition of brave conduct:-
506149 Flight Sergeant Harold Theakston GIBBS, No 830 Squadron (since deceased).
Flight Sergeant Gibbs has invariably displayed courage and determination in the defence of his aerodrome during enemy air attacks. He has been constantly on duty in manning a machine-gun post, which he erected himself, and has destroyed 1 enemy aircraft and probably destroyed 7 more. He has always been willing to give any assistance necessary after raids. This airman's fearlessness has set a fine example to all."
Supplement to the London Gazette dated 22 May 1942