J R Mills
- Name: Mills, John Robert Moffatt
- Nationality: United Kingdom
- Rank: Flying Officer (Air Bomber)
- Regiment/Service: Royal Air Force
- Unit Text: 578 Sqdn.
- Date of Death: 21/02/1945
- Service No: 157178
- Casualty Type: Commonwealth War Dead
- Grave/Memorial Reference: 27. A. 16.
- Memorial: Reichswald Forest War Cemetery Germany
On 20th February 1945 at 21:47 a Halifax III serial NR191 Code LK-K took off from RAF Burn to bomb the Rhenania Ossag oil refinery at Dusseldorf. It was attacked by a JU88 and crashed in the target area, resulting in 3 crew members killed and 4 taken Prisoner of War. Those killed were Flying Officer (Air Bomber) John Robert Moffatt MILLS, Flying Officer Hugh Ernest James PERRY and Sergeant (Air Gnr.) Philip BLAKE.